Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Long Conversation about Scholarship





(Nelly is studying in the class, suddenly Esra come into the class)
Esra : Hello, Nelly!
Nelly : Hello, Esra!
Esra : What are you doing now?
Nelly : I’m translating Korean song to English.
Esra : What is for Nelly?
Nelly : I just want to learn Korean language more.
Esra :  Wow! Do you like Korean?
Nelly : Yes, of course. My dream is go to Korea.
Esra : What places do you want to visit in Korea?
Nelly : I want to visit Namsan Seoul Tower, Hanok Village, Nami Island, Jeju  Island, and Jimjilbang.
Esra : Wow! Those look interesting to visit.
Nelly : Yes. Do you know about that?
Esra : No, I don’t know about them, but I just think those are so interesting to visit.
Nelly : Do you know a little about Korea?
Esra : Yes, I do. I like Korean Dramas and songs.
Nelly : oh! What drama do you like?
Esra : I like The Heirs, Pasta, He’s Beautiful, BBF, City Hunter, Personal Taste, etc. How about you?
Nelly : I like To the Beautiful You, Master Sun, It’s Okay that’s Love, Emergency    Couple, and Princess Prosecutor.
Esra : Oh! Who are the actors do you like?
Nelly : I like Yoo Seung Ho, Do Kyung So, etc I know that you like Lee Min Ho, don’t you?
Esra : You’re right. How can you know that?
Nelly : It’s because the dramas that you told are the dramas of Lee Min Ho.
Esra : Yes, I like him because he is so handsome. How about you? Why do you like Yoo Seung Ho?
Nelly : I like him because he is a sweet boy that can make the girls heart melt of it.
Esra : You look so love him.
Nelly : Of course. What song do you like or what boy band and girl band do you  like?
Esra : I like Big Bang, 2PM, Super Junior and Girls Generation.  How about you?
Nelly : I like EXO, BTS, Speed, and Girls Generation.
Esra : Oh, we have the same favorite girl band.

(Suddenly Nirma come into the class.)
Nirma : Hello.
Nelly&Esra : Hello, Nirma.
Nirma: What are you doing now?
Nelly : Oh, we are talking about Korea.
Nirma: Do you like Korea?
Esra         : Of course. Nelly wants to go to Korea and wants to stay there.
Nirma: Oh yeah?
Nelly : Yes. I want to study in Korea University, but I’m confused to choose the best university.
Nirma: Wow, it’s so lucky. I have something for you.
Nelly : What is that?
Nirma: Just look and read it.
Nelly : I think Gogang University is so good. The standard competence is better.  They are also international organization, such as ACUCA. So, the  university doesn’t just produce the clever students but also the religious  student.
Esra : Yes, the building is so luxurious. Wow! G.Dragon , my favorite singer also study in the university. If I study  in the university, maybe I will often meet him.
Nelly : So, you have to study hard so you can be chosen as the student of the university.
Esra : No, I prefer studying in Konkuk University.
Nelly : Why?
Esra : Don’t you read it. It tell us that my favorite actor, Lee Min Ho study in the university. So, I prefer study there.
Nirma: How about you, Nelly?
Nelly : Wait for a minute. I’m still confused.
Nirma: How about Sungkyunkwan University? It looks so unique.
Nelly : No, I don’t like it.
Nirma: Why don’t you like it?
Nelly : it’s because I don’t like Historical buildings. You know, I don’t like study  Historic.
Nirma: So, what university do you prefer?
Nelly : I prefer studying in Yonsei University.
Esra : Why?
Nelly : It’s because it looks beautiful. In this university, there are many trees that  very colorful. This university demands their students just not to be clever  but also religious.
Nirma: It sounds good. So, what will you do to get the scholarship?
Nelly : I think I will search the information about Yonsei University, such as the  registration, the system of studying, etc.
Esra : We also have to prepare our foreign certificate. For example: TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
Nirma: How about a recommendation letter from our lecturer? Maybe it will help us.
Nelly : I agree with you. It makes us be easier to get the scholarship.
Esra : But the most important is we have to choose the major as suitable as our bachelor.

(Dahlia & Raju come into the class)
Dahlia: Raju, do you have a free time this afternoon?
Raju : Yes, I have. Why?
Dahlia: How about playing badminton this afternoon?
Raju : It sounds interesting.
Dahlia: Well, pick me up at my boarding house at 4 p.m so that we can go there together.
Raju : OK.
Dahlia: Hello guys. What’s up? What are you talking about?
Nelly : Oh Lia, Raju. We are talking about scholarship.
Raju : Scholarship? Who’s for?
Nirma: It’s for Nelly and Esra. They want to get Korean University scholarship.
Dahlia: Really? What universities do you like?
Esra : I like Konkuk University and Nelly likes Yonsei University.
Raju : Wow. Good.
Nirma: How about you both? Don’t you want to get scholarship?
Dahlia: We do, but we want to get a scholarship from badminton.
Nelly : Do you want to be athlete?
Raju : Yes, we do. We want to be like Simon Santoso, Susi Susanti, and Taufik   Hidayat.
Nirma: So, how the way you get the scholarship?
Dahlia: We just always practice a lot and follow many competitions in our club.
Raju : That’s right. We usually follow many competitions for carry on many   certificates.
Nirma: Are the certificate very useful to get the scholarship?
Dahlia: Of course. With the certificates, we can be easier to get the scholarship.
Nelly : By the way, what is for you want to get a scholarship?
Dahlia: I want to get a scholarship for help my parents to pay my tuition in this  university.
Nirma: How about you, Raju?
Raju : I do the same with Dalia. But besides it, I want to get it because I want to  be an international athlete.
Esra : Wow! It sounds good.
Raju : Yeah.
Nelly : So, are only has certificate enough to get scholarship?
Dahlia: No, it’s just one of preparation to get the scholarship.
Nirma: So, what are the other preparations?
Dahlia: The other preparations are: -We must be a champion at least 3 times of all  the competitions that we follow. -We also must follow the club competition.
Raju : We also must follow many sport auditions.
Nirma: Wow! I think it’s difficult.
Dahlia: You’re right. So, we have to practice a lot and prepare ourselves for the    competitions.
Nirma: Oh, I know.
Dahlia: By the way Nel, you have said that you and Esra want to get Korean  University scholarships, didn’t you?
Nelly : Yeah. Why?
Dahlia: Do both of you know Korean language?
Nelly : Jogeum.
Dahlia: What do you say?
Nelly : Oops, Sorry. I just know a little bit.
Esra : Me too.
Raju : How can you know the Korean language?
Esra : We know from Korean music and dramas.
Raju : Oh, I see.
Nirma: If you really like Korea, can you sing a Korean song?
Nelly : Of course. We can.
Dahlia: So, just do it now.
Esra : OMG! What song will we sing, Nelly?
Nelly : Hmm… (Nelly is thinking)  Oh, I know. How about ”I think I love you” by Byul?

  (Esra starts sing the song, and Nelly follows it)

Raju : Wow! Good. Your pronunciations are good.
Esra&Nelly: Thanks.
Dahlia: Yeah. Raju is right. Your pronunciations like the Korean people.
Raju : OK. I hope you both can get your scholarship there.
Esra          : Thanks, Raju.
Raju : It’s OK.
Nelly : We also hope you and Dahlia can get your scholarships.
Dahlia      : Thanks, Nelly.
Nelly : You’re welcome, Dahlia.
Raju : Well, what time is it?
Esra          : it’s 1.30 P.M
Nirma       : OK. We have Belajar & Pembelajaran Subject at 2 P.M
Nelly : You’re right.
Raju : I think it’s enough now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Experience that Caused You to Learn Something about Yourself

An Experience that Caused You to Learn Something about Yourself When I studied in Senior High School, I have the wonderful experience. It ha...