Monday, July 3, 2017

Manuscript of Short Drama about Jealously



Jealousy

Members:
·         Novita Sari Gutom                  as         Novita       (a jealous student)
·         Yeshinta  Karsten Puba          as         Yeshinta    (a  new student)
·         Dahlia Angelika Lumbanraja              Dahlia
·         Ade Inka Sinaga                     as         Inka            (Novita’s  friends)
·         Raju Dermawan Damanik                   Raju
·         Andi Sianipar                          as         Sir Andi      (a lecturer)

 (There is a new scholar at Nommensen University. It’s the first time for her in the campus. She is on 4th semester.)

Sir Andi         : Good morning. How do you feel today?
All students   : Morning, Sir. We are fine, Sir.
                         How about you, Sir?
Sir Andi          : I’m very good. I have good news for you today.
All students     : What is that, Sir?
Sir Andi          : Wait a second. I will show you.
                          Come over here, dear.
  (Someone comes into the classroom)
Sir Andi          : She is a new scholar in this group. She will be your friend in this group for now and so on.
Raju                 : Wow. She looks beautiful.
Inka                 : I agree with you, Raju.
Dahlia              : I think so.
Novita             : I think there is nothing special on her. (With flat face)
Sir Andi          : Be quiet! Give your attention for her.
                          Please, introduce yourself, dear.
Yeshinta          : Yes, Sir. Hello friends.
I’m Yeshinta Karsten. Before I come to this campus, I was a scholar of Nommensen University in Medan. I move here because I got a scholarship from our regent with a requirement, that is I should be a student university of this campus.
Sir Andi          : Congratulation. (Claps his hands)
                          You are lucky, dear.
Yeshinta          : Thank you, Sir.
Sir Andi          : Well. Please, take a seat wherever that you want.
Yeshinta          : Yeah, Sir.
Sir Andi          : Now, we will start our lesson. Open your book at page 30. What topic is               about?
Inka                 : It’s about “Recount Text”, Sir.
Sir Andi          : You are right, Inka.
                          By the way, do you have a book, Yeshinta?
Yeshinta          : No, I don’t.
Sir Andi          : Well, you can look at Novita’s book.
Novita             : I’m sorry, Sir. I can’t share my book.
Sir Andi          : Why?
Novita             : It’s because I’m difficult to see something far.
Sir Andi          : Oh, I see. So, who wants to share the book for her?
Inka                 : You can get my book, Yeshinta. Dahlia will share her book to me.
Yeshinta          : Really? Thank you so much.
Dahlia              : Don’t mention it.
Sir Andi          : Okay, we go on the subject. Who knows what a recount text is?
Yeshinta          : Recount text is a text that explains about event which happened in the past, Sir.
Sir Andi          : Good. So, what tense should we use in Recount Text?
Yeshinta          : Past Tense, Sir.
Raju                 : I think she is smart, isn’t it? (Whispers to Dahlia)
Dahlia              : Of course. It’s impossible to get a scholarship if she is not smart.
Raju                 : I almost forget about it.
Novita             : She is not as smart as you imagine guys.

  (Suddenly, Sir Andi receives a call)
Sir Andi          : Wait a minute, students. I have a call.
All students     : Okay, Sir.
  (Later…..)
Sir Andi          : I have something to tell you, students.
Inka                 : What is that, Sir?
Sir Andi          : We have a meeting right now. So, I must go there.
Raju                 : Hurray!
Sir Andi          : Don’t make a noise, Raju.
Raju                 : Sorry, Sir.
Sir Andi          : I will give you a task. Make a paragraph about Recount Text. It must have at least 200 words. Do you understand?
All students     : Yes, Sir.
Sir Andi          : I have to go now.
All students     : Okay, Sir.

  (When Yeshinta is busy to do her task, Dahlia approaches her)
Dahlia              : Yeshinta, why you don’t join with us?
Yeshinta          : I’m shy because I don’t know all of you.
Dahlia              : No problem. Let’s go over there. I’ll introduce my friends.
Yeshinta          : Okay. By the way, what’s your name?
Dahlia              : I’m Dahlia.
Yeshinta          : That’s a good name.
Dahlia              : Thanks, Yeshinta.
                          Hey, guys. Yeshinta doesn’t know our names. Mention your name, guys!
Inka                 : My name is Inka.
Raju                 : I’m Raju.
  (Waiting Novita to speak up….)
Dahlia              : Hey, Nov. It’s your turn.
Novita             : I won’t.
Dahlia              : Why?
Novita             : It’s because I don’t like it.
Dahlia              : Well, she is Novita.
                          By the way, have you done your task, Yeshinta? (Tries to change the topic)
Yeshinta          : Not yet, Dahlia           .
Inka                 : Want you to do it with me?
Yeshinta          : Of course.
Dahlia              : Okay, I’ll wait for it. Please, do it now.
Inka                 : Why do you force us to do it now?
Dahlia              : It’s because Raju, Novita and I want to cheat yours.
Raju                 : Yeah.
Novita             : Are you sure to cheat her answer?
Raju                 : Yeah. It’s because she is smart.
Novita             : Are you sure that her answer is right?
Raju                 : Certainly.
Dahlia              :  I think both of you should do it now. Don’t waste the time.
Inka                 : We got it. Take a seat over here, Yeshinta.
Yeshinta          : Okay.
Dahlia              : Novita, let’s move over there. I need to talk to you.
   (Pointing to the corner of the room)
Novita             : What is about? (Follows Dahlia’s steps from behind)
Dahlia              : It’s about Yeshinta. I think you don’t like Yeshinta, do you?
Novita             : Yeah. I don’t like her.
Dahlia              : Why? Talk to me properly.
Novita             : You don’t need to know that. The point is I don’t like her since the beginning   she came to this class.


  Meanwhile…..
Inka                  : Yeshinta, I’m thirsty. Want you go to canteen with me?
Yeshinta           : Sure.
Inka                  : Raju, we want to go to canteen. Do you want to join with us?
Raju                  : Absolutely.
Inka                  : Let’s go.
 On the way to canteen…
Yeshinta           : Inka, can I ask you something?
Inka                  : Of course. What is about?
Yeshinta           : It’s about Novita.
Inka                  : What? Novita? (With confused face)
Yeshinta           : Yeah. What’s wrong with Novita?
                             I think she doesn’t like me.
Inka                  : I don’t know. Actually, she is a kind girl. Maybe she has a bad mood today.
Yeshinta           : I hope you’re right.

  Back to Novita & Dahlia in the class…
Dahlia               : I hope you treat Yeshinta better.
Novita               : Why?
Dahlia               : It’s because she is a new student here.
Novita               : I don’t promise you.
                            By the way, where are they going? (Looking around)
Dahlia               : I don’t know.
Novita               : Maybe they are in the canteen. Let’s go there.
Dahlia               : Let’s go.

  (In the canteen, Inka and Raju are talking to Yeshinta)
Dahlia               : There they are, Novita. (Pointing to them)
Novita               : What are you doing here, Inka, Raju?
Inka                  : We buy some soft drinks.
Raju                  : And you? Do you want to buy something?
Novita               : No, I won’t.
Raju                  : So, what are you doing here if you won’t buy anything?
Novita               : It is up to me.
Raju                  : Okay. Fine.
Yeshinta           : Hi, Novita?
Novita               : Shut up.
Yeshinta           : What’s wrong with you, Novita?
Novita               : It’s not your business.
Raju                  : Why do you say like that, Nov? I think it’s not polite.
Inka                  : Yeah. I think you are rough now.
Novita               : Do you defend her, Inka?
Inka                  : What do you mean that I defend her?
                             I don’t defend her.
Novita               : So, why do you say that I’m rough?
Raju                  : It’s because you are really rough right now, Novita.
                            Inka just tell the truth.
Novita               : Do you also defend her, Raju?
Raju                  : We don’t defend her, Novita. I think there is nothing wrong with Yeshinta.
                            The problem is on you.
Novita               : What? Did you say that the problem is on me? So, how about you and Inka?
Raju                  : What’s wrong with us?
Novita               : Don’t you know that both of you have changed since Yeshinta came?
Raju                  : What do you mean?
Novita               : You and Inka have changed since Yeshinta came to our class this morning.
                            She has snatched my friends.
Yeshinta           : What? I don’t do that. Why do you think of me like that?
Novita               : Am I wrong?
Yeshinta           : Yes, you are wrong. I never do that.
Inka                  : I think you are too much, Novita.
Dahlia               : Yeah. I think so.
Novita               : Do you also have the same thought with them, Dahlia?
Dahlia               : Yes. I think you are too much now.
Novita               : You have changed guys.
Raju                  : We never change, Novita. The only person who’s changed is you.
Inka                  : Yeah. I think you have changed since this morning.
Novita               : If you think of me like that, it’s okay.
                           But it’s because of her. (Pointing to Yeshinta)
Yeshinta           : Why do you think like that?
Novita               : It’s because you have snatched my friends and I don’t like you because of that.
Raju                  : Don’t make us to be your reason, Novita.
Novita               : It’s the truth.
Inka                  : No, it isn’t.
Raju                  : Are you jealous with Yeshinta?
Novita               : Why should I be jealous of her?
Raju                  : I don’t know. Just ask yourself.
Novita               : Yes. I’m jealous of her.
Yeshinta           : Why?
Novita               : Do you really want to know why I’m jealous of you?
Yeshinta           : Sure.
Novita               : As you know, I’m jealous with you because you have snatched my friends.
Inka                  : Don’t lie to us, Novita.
Novita               : I don’t lie to you.
Yeshinta           : You know that I never snatched your friends, Novita.
Novita               : I know.
Yeshinta           : So, why do you hate me if you know that?
Novita               : It’s because they have changed since you came.
Raju                  : We never changed, Novita.
Novita               : You have changed guys. You have ignored me since she came, especially because she is smarter than me.
Yeshinta           : I think I’m just so so.
Novita               : Don’t pretend to me.
Yeshinta           : I just tell the truth, Novita.
Raju                  : Don’t be so prejudiced against her.
Inka                  : We never do that, Nov. We just want to treat Yeshinta better because she is a new student here.
Dahlia               : We are sorry if you feel that you have been ignored by us. We don’t do that in mind.
Yeshinta           : Me too.
Novita               : Oh, no.  I’m the one who should apologize to all of you, especially to you, Yeshinta. I know that I’m too jealous of you. I’m sorry.
Yeshinta           : You don’t have to. I think it’s just a misunderstanding.
Novita               : Thank you, Yeshinta.
Yeshinta           : You’re welcome, Novita. Let’s be friends then.
Dahlia               : Yeshinta is right. Let’s be friends and don’t be jealous with our own friends.
Inka                  : I agree with you, Dahlia.
Raju                  : I think so. Well, should we hug each other?
Inka                  : No, we shouldn’t. (Refuses Raju’s suggestion)
Raju                  : Just kidding, friends.
Yeshinta           : I think we must come back to our class to do our task, aren’t we?
Novita               : Yes, we are.
Raju                  : Okay. Let’s go.

  (They come back to their class. A few minutes later, Sir Andi comes to take his stuff)
Sir Andi            : Okay, everybody. Have you finished the task that I gave?
All students      : Not yet, Sir.
Sir Andi            : Is it difficult for you to do that?
All students      : No, Sir.
Sir Andi            : Well. You can do that in your home. We will check it next week.
All students      : Okay, Sir.
Sir Andi            : I think it’s enough for today. See you next week and have a nice day.
All Students     : See you, Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Experience that Caused You to Learn Something about Yourself

An Experience that Caused You to Learn Something about Yourself When I studied in Senior High School, I have the wonderful experience. It ha...